RE: spider bumpers 75-82

Jim Tyson asks about availability of spider bumpers.  I just checked Zat's
Alfaheaven website www.alfaheaven.com and he is still advertising front and
rear 'lightweight' bumpers for $350 each.  I believe Alfa Ricambi used to
sell them but doesn't any more?  I could be wrong about that.

On this same subject,  if I get the spider going again and decide to replace
the missing rear bumper with one of these I would really like to move both
bumpers in close to the car for aesthetic purposes.  Is it possible to
collapse the original shock mounts by drilling/bolting them or do I need to
farbricate something alltogether new?

Chris Lesher
Boulder CO
79 spider and some V6s