71 GTV pedal box clutch pivot

On my 71 1750 GTV,  which is a big restoration project,  the car came
to me with a broken clutch pivot  in the pedal box.  Probably,
because the slave cylinder was frozen,  but anyway,,,

I removed the pedal box and replaced the pivot with a new one from
DiFatta.  When reinstalling the pedal box back into the car,  the
clutch pedal itself is only rising to something about half of height
of the brake pedal.   so,  I assumed I must have done something wrong,
 and removed the pedal box again and inspected all the pieces,  but
could not find anything , leading me to think I must have a badly
welded up clutch pivot,  welded into a wrong position.  So,  I took
the pedal box and all back to DiFatta,  where they fetched another
pivot and its made the same as the first pivot and when installed,
placed the clutch pedal in exactly the same place.  Paul couldn't
figure out what was going wrong and said to try some more.....

So,  the pedal box is reinstalled and I rebuilt and hooked up the
master and slave cylinders and darn it,  its still only about half way
up in comparison to the brake pedal,  meaning a exceptionally short
travel to operate the clutch.....

Is there a different pivot for 71 GTVs,  did I buy just a Spider
pivot,  which may be different,  or what???

TIA,

Ciao,  Jay