Re: monosleeve/Beninca

My God, what an impressive Alfa Romeo race car!  Did you notice the casting
on the throttle body plate?  It said Angelini.  Franco Angelini is one of
the great GTA tuners from the '60's who is still doing customer work.  He is
based in Rome I think.  You'll see one of his cyl. heads in Adriansen's GTA
book 'Alleggerita', which no alfisti should be without.  Another fantastic
tuner/ex-GTA piloto, Carlo Facetti, is still working near Milan I believe.

For a lot of money, those two gentleman could build you one hell of a motor.
You'd better speak Italian, however.

Steve S.
Seattle, WA
'65 GTA

Regarding all the Monosleeve Liner questions - maybe a picture is worth
1000 words. The Targa Tasmania Alfetta GTV (came 9th in 1995 after running
4th for much of the competition) raced with a monosleeve 2L engine.
Pictures and story can be found here:
http://www.autospeed.com/A_0717/article.html
http://www.beninca.com.au/new_page_1.htm