Headlight Switch problems

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Alfa list, so please forgive me if I'm being
redundant in asking any questions. I have two issues that I am hoping you
all can help me with:

1) My 78 Spider veloce's headlight switch is wearing out. During a search
of the archives, I ran across some talk from several years ago about
Stabilant 22. Can anyone vouch for positive results over the last couple
of years from using this on faltering headlight switches?

2) If a contact enhanser won't work, what's the easiest way to remove the
headlight switch from the steering column so as to try to restore it?

Thanks,

Stacy Gary, 78 Red Spider Veloce