gtv6 no power at low rpm

	I have a nagging problem with my gtv6 that has gone on for the last year
that I have been unable to correctly diagnose. The symptoms are that the
engine lacks power at low rpm especially when cold (it is better when the
engine has warmed up, but the problem still persists).
	When I try to accelerate away from a stop light, the engine does not want
to rev (it just bogs down) and I find that if I ease up on the gas slightly
it helps. When the car is in nutral it revs fine. When the revs get to some
point between 1500 and 2500 rpm the car just takes off and it rockets away.
It feels like what I imagine an early turbocharged car would be like.
Accelerator to the floor...nothing...nothing...WHAM!  Kind of like being
rear ended by a truck. Well not an F250, more like a Chevy Luv -- but I
digress. The car feels great at higher rpms, hot or cold.
	In an attempt to accidentally fix the problem by randomly checking
components I disconnected the O2 sensor and found it made a slight
difference, not enough to leave it unplugged all the time though. I swapped
AFMs and checked the coolant temp switch, but they were not at fault. The
car also hunts a little at idle, though I don't know if the problem is
related. It will idle at 900 rpms for ~10 seconds then sputter a little and
drop to 500 for a second or two and then go right back to 900 again. Does it
fairly regularly.
	Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This car is my daily driver for a
while and I need to get it back in tire squeeling shape so I can properly
enjoy the drives to the office in the morning.

-Obie
Tacoma, Wa.
'83 GTV6 & others