Milano Wheel Mystery

I recently acquired a free Milano. Yes, I am sure it was a Milano and not
one of the more common free Berlinas ; >)  Sadly with no room I was forced
to re-gift it and it is now in the hands of my cousin, a professional
Agricultural mechanic who, after years of allowing me to barge in and use
his tools/lifts/expertise, developed an appreciation for Alfas.

He has, understandably, gone over every inch of his new "toy". It's a sound
(but dented), running, '88 Gold Auto, sitting on the standard 14 x 5.5 inch
Gold alloys. However, in the trunk he discovered an otherwise identical
spare that was 14 x 6.5.

Has anyone else seen the stock Milano Gold style alloys in a 6.5" width? I
have known the last 2 owners of this car, and they didn't replace the
original spare, so is it possible it this was an assembly line mistake. What
car was this intended for? - a 75 Turbo would be my guess although I
couldn't match it to any wheels on the AFRA website <www.afra.it>.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Joe Cabibbo <joe@domain.elided>
'89 Milano