more snow tires

A lot of the serious-driver Audi Quattro guys use Haakepeliitas. I have a
friend (originally from Colorado) who swears by Gislaveds -- says they are
a lot softer in the cold, studs are resistant (esp. to salt) and they
are cheaper. Never used them, don't know anything about them, etc.

Personally, I don't spend on snow tires.... I like Bridgestone RE-71s on
my trusty AWD car. When I've driven the Spider in the snow, I just 'run what
I brung' and put some lumps of tree stump in the trunk and on the parcel
shelf. I'm not saying it was the best, but it worked for me! (Kind of
messy to vacuum up afterwards though.)

Tess in Seattle, WA USA