Re: Replacing Ignition Switch on 105 Cars

Thanks to all those who offered advice on this problem. It turn out that
Henrik's solution to slide the column shroud forward worked once I
figured out that I also needed to unlock the steering column interlock.
Everything should be back together in time for a nice weekend drive. One
tool that comes in handy for removing stubborn blind or striped screws
and bolts is a reverse thread(?) chrome moly drill bit. It supplies ccw
torque while drilling a hole for an ez-out and will often loosen the
bolt enough that the ez-out isn't even needed. I got mine at an Ace
Hardware.

Mitch Wolberg,
RockWare, Inc.
69 Spider Jr.