Charlie's question (was: paint colors)

In AD8-0145 Charlie lists his cars and colors:

"91 Spider - originally Arctic White (she says) and now just  refrigerator
white

"84 GTV6 - originally Opal Metallic (shit brown shiny) and now M-B Imperial
Red

"formerly, 87 75 Metallic Blue

"formerly, 71 Spider Pina Green (BRG)

 "For extra credit: Which color does NOT belong on this list?"

I'd guess that the Arctic white is AR 008, called Bianco PF or Farina white in
the Body Shop Manual, but also called China White (on the 1972 Alfa
chip-chart, for example) or Porcelain White (on the 1978 Alfa Chip-Chart, for
example). Seems legit.

 "Opal Metallic (shit brown shiny)" for a 1984 GTV 6 could depend on what you
had been eating, I suppose. Time for your doctor to take a fecal occult smear?
ARI's list of 1984 GTV 6 colors included a Chestnut Red Metallic AR 545, and
there is listed in d'Amico & Tabucchi as a 1985 GTV 6 color an "Opale
Metallizato", Opal Metallic, but no Chestnut. Opal, in the dictionary, is not
a particular color but a particular mineral "typically with a definite and
often marked iridescent play of colors". Bet Charlie's (and d'A-T's) Opal is
ARI's Chestnut.

 "formerly, 71 Spider Pina Green (BRG)" is something I would question. Verde
Pino, Pine Green, is AR 217 in the Body Shop Manual.  Racing Green is AR 219,
and enters the list after the BSM was published in 1970. The 219 Racing Green,
which d'Amico & Tabucchi do call "British Racing Green" in English and "Verde
Inglese" in Italian, is primarily a Spider color while the 217 Verde Pino
seems to be exclusively an Arese (sedans and coupes) color. So "Pina Green
(BRG)" seems to be a contradiction, as is pine green on a Spider; perhaps one
of those drunken-Luigi-on-Friday aberrations.

 Was that the one?

 John H.