Re: Rear roll bar for 1600 GTV

Colin,
Before going too far with which brand of roll bar you want, what are you going to use it for?  And how modified is the suspension....

For stock geometry (trunion arm), with W&D springs, my car is nicely neutral with a stock sway bar.  One other person on this digest that has virtually the identical car to me (and you- ours are a 2000 GTV) has the same basic suspension except for a stiffer rear bar, and he has problems with oversteer.

On the other hand, if you have either a panhard rod, watts link, or sliding block, the rear roll center is moved down enough that you need a stiffer rear bar to match our rear roll stiffness.  So you will want a more stout bar than stock.

Eric Storhok
Core Emissions and Fuel Economy Team
Advanced Powertrain Engineering
(313)33x75011