RE: alfa-digest V8 #135 - A Simple Plea

>        Curmudgeon hat on, I care, because I have to read it.  And read it
> closely enough to figure out that either I was not interested due to
distance
> or that I could not tell due to lack of information.
>        Why should we have to write someone off line to ask where something
we
> MIGHT have an interest in purchasing is located?  Why should we not
complain
> when people post to the digest without thinking about what they are
posting?
<snip>

I've seen plenty of ads where the price is not listed, but have never seen
anybody get inflamed over that.  However, it is just as critical as
location.  That same GTA that you would travel to Italy for, would you do it
regardless of cost?

An item can be near of far from me both geographically and financially.

In my mind, if a seller can put an item on my doorstep for an acceptable
price, then it really doesn't matter where it might be located.  Likewise, a
really good deal in a remote location is just as appealing to me, if not
more so, than a higher priced local offering.

So, as a seller, if I happen to be in a remote location, I might
deliberately choose to leave out my location information just so I don't
alienate remote buyers from inquiring.  Once I get them on the hook, I can
negotiate a deal to their door step.

I still have a Verde for sale.  Location unknown.  I can arrange for a well
known mechanic to inspect it locally, and I can deliver it anywhere in the
USA.

Now, if you are interested in a Verde, and just read the above, what is more
important to you - location or $$$?

bs