Sputtering Below 2000 revs

Hi all.

I have been having this problem for awhile and never thought to post it
here!  Alfetta GTV 2.0

Whenever I take off from first I have to have the revs above 2000 otherwise
the car lurches and the engine sputters.  Probably not the best description.
Also, if I have changed to second and try to accelerate when under 2000revs
engine sputters and argues until it eventually gets to 2000 revs and then
takes off!  It's not very nice when I am in the middle of an intersection.
I may have a 10.4:1 compression ratio but I wouldn't think that I would have
to do racing starts! One possibility is a worn diaphragm in the carbs
(delorto's (sp?)).  The problem was worse until I got my cracked distributor
and points replaced.

Thanks
Andrew
1979 Alfetta GTV 2000