Alfetta and GTV6 slim-down plans

Having just taken delivery of a beautiful 1987 Milano Gold, equipped with
good Pirelli P700Zs, CEC 129 wheels, Shankle and Koni suspension goodies and
the like...and also having recently gotten my 1969 Spider 1300 Junior out of
the body shop about a month ago (gorgeous in her new two-stage 'Viper' red),
I am a very happy Alfisti.  However, now I really need to start working on
my Street/ Track 1978 Alfetta Sprint Veloce to get her ready for next
season.

Having personally lugged around Alfetta bumpers, I know why they are a good
thing to remove!  They way about 70 lbs each.  The big problem is that
removing them leaves a couple of ugly spots on the body (too bad they don't
loook as good without bumpers as the older 105 GTV body!).  In any event, I
have gathered some info and would like to get some opinions/ knowledge about
how to proceed.  Here are some options (note - these also apply to the
GTV6).  If any one knows of other options, please let me know:

a.    Go without any bumpers.  By far this is the least expensive option.
However, this makes the car looks very "unfinished" (especially in the
rear).  An option here would be to have some custom bodywork done to smooth
out the lines in both front and back (but this can get very costly)

b.    There are fibreglass bumpers available for about $350 apiece.  This
option is a little too expensive for my tastes.

c.    Get a pair of "Euro-bumpers".  This is also an expensive proposal,
with a good set of Euros getting very hard to find and expensive to buy (and
ship).

d.    I have heard that (rear) fibreglass bumpers made for the VW Karmann
Ghia are available at low cost and fit the Alfetta body (rear) with a little
modification (maybe these would fit both front and back?).  This would seem
to be a good option if it works.

e.    The above leads to the thought of 'billet' aluminum bumpers.  The VW
aftermarket has several available (and inexpensive) billet bumpers (ridged
style) whish essentially are just a blade made of billet aluminum.  These
are curved for the beetle, but are built in a straight version (with bent
ends) for both the Karmann Ghia and the old fastback, notchback and
squareback VWs.  I wonder if one of these billet manufacturers would
custom-size some bumpers for interested Alfisti?

f.    Other options include nerf-bars, a welded metal tube, etc.

Any thoughts from you folks?

Cheers,
Alex Csank
69 Spider 1300 jr