Differential fill plug thread stripped?

Hello all,
 My 91 Spider's differential fill plug is stripped by the former owner, I removed the plug to check the oil and guess what? I have no thread to screw it back in. I pressed it in hard with an "O" ring, but it still leaks.
 Did someone fix a problem like this before. The plug (hex) is big, I don't know if they make any thread chaser or maker with this size. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
 How could these people work with aluminum casing like this? Totally ignorant and irresponsible. One of my sparkplug also stripped. It only goes in 3/4 way.
 Next time before I buy any used car, I would just unscrewed all spark plugs, transmission plugs to see if they stripped the threads on aluminum head and trannie.

Thanks,

Louis
91 Spider Veloce
Sunnyvale, CA