Clutch master cylinder rebuild.

Mark this down in the dumb-file.

I pulled the clutch master cylinder from my Junior on Sunday in order to
refurbish it with new seals. The guy I share workspace with pulled it apart
(and found the seals totally worn out) before I had a chance to see how it
was all put together.

So now I'm sitting at my desk with a pile of springs, rubber seals and metal
castings which I don't actually know how to put back together. I looked
around to see if I could find a diagram but since it's considered one part
by AR I don't see it anywhere.

Can someone describe to me how the thing goes together?

I have the actuating rod (the one attached to the pedal pivot) assembled
with a spring, a kind of cup washer with a segment cut out of it, a lock
washer and a washer before a ball at the end.

This ball pushes against one end of the piston (I assume) where there is a
somewhat spherical hole.

What I have left is 2 rubber seals - one a ring and the other a disc, a
one-way valve with a rubber seal attached, a thin brass(?) washer and a
tapered spring with a metal disc at the end.

Now - what goes where and in which way? I'm stumped here.

The cylinder is an ATE by the way. Thankfully the cylinder is in good shape.
Only the rubber was perished.

Regards

Jacob Haagerup,
'75 GT 1600 Junior 'M'

(Now in a workshop with a lift and all the tools I could ever dream of along
with the company of a Spider, an E-type, a Mk 2 and a Rover 75 - just in
time for winter and much needed work)