re: alfasud rarity

Micheal writes:
From what I've seen Alfasuds are quite rare (esp early models) in Europa as they  rusted. Quickly. I went to the vintage races at the Nurburgring two years ago and there was one Alfasud there... The Alfa corral was over 300 strong. My friend there even commented on how unusual it was to see this car. It's a shame that whole generations of recent cars from europe were not available to be "stored away" in California and Arizona... Could have made for a lively trade back to Europe in the future...
-------------------------------------

I am still on the quest of shiping a very early Sud Sprint from Milano
to the US. My friend is essentially giving it to me. His grandfather
kept it in immaculate condition and is in his parents garage in
Milano. I still have to see the pictures and find out if a 74 will be
able to enter the country. It's in that shadey area, a few years early
and it would be no problem, a few years after and it would be a
definite NO. If these are truly rare in Europe, anyone wanting it,
keep in touch with me. If we can't get it here, my friend wants it
to go to a real Alfa person, and not just put in the market in a local
paper in Milano. Also, anyone wanting to help me by visiting it and
taking some pictures of it and digitizing them to email to me, that
would be nice. My friend is in Florida, and his parents don't seem
to be into getting pictures back to him, even though he asks them to.
I never thought this was a rare car, but would like to putt around
in this and bring it to shows.

Thanks,
Stefano
Oakland, CA