IMSA Milanos Vs Grp.A 75s

All shots I have seen of US IMSA cars (at Road Atlanta etc. and maybe even
Sebring?) have had the large kit on it that was released on Euro Spec
tourers with the 1.8T motor- and I havent seen any with the factory released
bolt on guards from the TS and 3.0 cars of later days. They all kept the
Transaxle layout for obvious homologation reasons, and Ive heard about the
appetite for boxes from Euro sources (torque used to snap the input shaft or
crack the gears) but I know that my mechanic's father (worked on various
Alfa racers in Australia) had to send away to Hollinger and have a straight
cut box made up for the 75 1.8T that Colin Bond raced here in Australia-
extremely short diff ratio and very close matched gears- apparently about
95km/h in first gear (58mp/h?). This was for sale recently, but the offer
has been revoked just a few weeks ago- something big in pipelines I think!
   There are a few of those motors around- I believe the one that was used
here in Australia copped a bit of development work from the Beninca brothers
(who worked on the GTV6 and 75 racecars in the 80s)- perhaps grouped liners
and a different intercooler layout, or perhaps just piping- they were never
fielded with much success here in Australia- the E30 M3 2.5 Quad Throttle
Four cyclinder was also good for 400hp, so the two were evenly matched- but
we also had the Sierra RS turbo from Ford and the GTR skyline to contend
with making the 75 a fair bit of an underdog.
   The GTV6 racer won its class in the Australian Touring Car Championship
in 85, and the same year, it also won the A.Rally.C- I have some parts from
this car going into my GTV-soon-to-be-GTV6 very soon :)