More on TwinSpark Head etc

A story for people who are going to work on this engine:
In my usual way, before doing stuff, whipped all 8 plug wires off without
marking anything... then went to put them back on afterwards ...major
problem! Which plugs do some of these wires go to??? Firing order is
standard ...but..!! Factory workshop manual shows a mark for #1 on each
distributor ... yeah right. You guessed it ... no marks on mine. Ok, no
problem just get TDC mark aligned ... you guessed it: the "notch on
crankshaft" is not there. So, whip the cam cover off, get the engine to TDC
for #1, note the rotor position for the oil pump driven distributor, use
the workshop manual drawing to guess #1 on the cam driven distributor and
button everything up ... nope; occasional misfire although it starts and
runs. I should have taken the cover and cap off the cam-distributor as well
because #1 was not where the manual shows it to be. ... oh well, we live
and learn.

Still have had no explanation why the marks are missing on this engine.....
perhaps its one of the ones made in Taiwan in the Alfasud factory ....

Les in Wellington, New Zealand