Alfa 166 RHD Recall

I received a recall notice today supposedly affecting all RHD Alfa 166
models from Alfa Romeo GB.

"On some right hand drive Alfa Romeo 166 vehicles the fluid pipe
connecting the power assisted steering box to the fluid cooler may
become disconnected. This could lead to loss of power assistance and
although steering remains functional it requires greater effort to be
applied to the steering wheel.
As a precautionary measure it has been decided to modify all vehicles
that could be affected."

Campaign Ref. is 4388.

I phoned the local dealer who said the inspection will take 1 hour, and
the fix will take 4-5 hours, once the parts are received if I need them.

I've twice previously ran out of fluid after going down country tracks.
Coincidence with recall or Country Lanes ??

Will keep you informed.
Regards David.
'98 166 Super