oil pressure on gtv6

With all the talk about oil pressure, i'm now wondering about my car's
pressure.
The meter shows over-55psi when cold, flip flopping at idle around until warm,
when it drops to well-below-55 (the guage has all of 3 numbers, 0-55-125).
With a fresh oil change and going at highway speed, the pressure is still
pretty much the same (in middle between 0 and 55).  The owner's manual
indicates that "maximum" pressure at 5500 rpm is 57-85psi, but do they really
mean min-max?

I'm quite ignorant when it comes to understanding my ICE, so what are the
causes and implications of running a low oil pressure?

TIA,
Darren
83 GTV6