an eye for inenzione?

I believe the "i" in Ti would alternatively  be for "inenzione", and for
German cars the equivalent would be an "e" for "einspritsung" (well the
spelling of each is beyond me at the moment but you get the idea.) these
being the Italian and German for "injection" or fuel injection.

The BMW 2002Tii is an interesting variation, appearing to be designed for
the US market. Touring International Injection.

GTI could denote either Grand Touring International or Injection depending
upon the market. The famous VW GTI was of course in no sense a Grand
Touring car, it was a very entertaining tarted up econobox, really fun to
drive but GT? I don't think so. A true GT would be a very fast two door
hardtop car designed to get two people and their toothbrushes from A to B
in grand style and at very high speed. Competing with trains and piston
engine passenger planes. The modern equivalent is actually a high
performance four door sedan, such as the Milano Platinum, the 164 S, or my
97 SAAB 9000 Aero. True GT cars are very rare now. Ferrari makes one, the
456. Porsche makes one, in fact the 911 is probably as close to a true GT
you can get now. At a pinch you might track a true GT just for fun.
Mercedes claims to make one but it's a bit of a wallowing boat. The V12
model might qualify.

Anyone think of  another true GT out there in the North American market?
How about the Euro market?
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada