Re: alfa-digest V8 #93

To Charlie,
I was reading about the guy in Hawaii with a Giulia Super. Sounds like a
great idea to me! I'm a defense contractor and I've been to Hawaii (Oahu,
Pearl Harbor) two dozen times. Once, when my wife was able to join me I
rented a Corvette convertible and more recently to her chagrin, I rented a
Ferrari F355 Spider. Both times I was able to find spectacular roads and
enough room to sprint to 100+ in the Vette and 145 in the Ferrari. I think
both cars are a little much for the island but an Alfa sounds just perfect!
There is also a race track, a drivers school, a drag strip, and I've never
not been able to find a sports car event within the next week or so. As a
matter of fact, we had a scheduling problem so the team had a few extra days
off to sight see and be tourists, I counted 13 different Alfas, 2 old Mopar
muscle cars (both Hemis), quite a few old Mustangs, several pre '68
Corvettes, and hundreds of the usual Miatas and current sport coupes. There
is a Ferrari dealer, a Ducati dealer, a Lamborghini dealer, Lotus, Moto
Guzzi, and several exotic used car stores... In short there is money in
Hawaii, and where there is money there are expensive toys. But back to the
point, given the roads and the lack of any real need for a car an Alfa sounds
perfect for the island. Have fun! Oh and ship me a pizza from The Big Kahuna!
Thomas Gonnella