JOURNAL NUT IN MY SUMP!

As I cheerily went about replacing all the fluids in my '74 Spider, a
shadow was cast as I found one of the journal bearing cap retainer nuts
stuck to the drainplug.  The car still runs fine, but I'm gearing up to
pull the upper and lower sump to see what else is missing.

Those knowlegable in engine work please chime in with any advice you can
give.  Could I just re-attach nut and re-torque if the other nut is
still tight?  Or must I pull the whole crank and r&r crank bearings?
Maybe pull the affected bearing cap and inspect just that bearing?
Again, the car still runs fine and makes no wierd
noises....................but for how long.

I don't have the $$ for a full engine rebuild right now, so any advice
will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Gregg Hanne
San Jose, CA

P.S.  Good GTV6 2.5L engine for sale, $400.00, call for details
408-817-7273.