164L - '91 V6 - Still stumbles

I got a 'Check Engine' code of 1223 and replaced the O2 sensor.  The symptom
was stumbling on acceleration up a slight grade, and stumbling at idle and
sometimes dying.  It would start right up again.  Driving last night on the
approaches to a bridge at the toll both, it stumbled again twice; I goosed
it to life both times but had to play brake/accelerator dance.  I did not
want to go over that bridge knowing I hadn't fixed my problem.  My Verde had
similar symptoms (fuel starve) and drove me crazy until it finally died - it
was the relay that controls the fuel pump.

Any ideas ?  I did not get a 'Check Engine' light this time, but I'm not
getting on that bridge with this problem.

Thanks in Advance.