164 6-speed?

I have been looking into this 6-speed option. Apparently, any of the
transmissions from the 156 and 166 can be installed on the 164, relatively
simply (yes, they are cable-actuated, so that could get ugly, but it has
been done).
I am going to give final drive ratios for each gear, inverted, meaning
1/(gear ratio * differential ratio). This is essentially in units of speed
per rpm, with some constant missing.

Gear	156 2.5 164S	164L	166 	166 JTD

1	0.072	0.084	0.092	0.077	0.074
2	0.113	0.135	0.148	0.120	0.126
3	0.166	0.192	0.212	0.176	0.206
4	0.218	0.254	0.284	0.232	0.289
5	0.259	0.320	0.351	0.276	0.368
6	0.308			0.328	0.457

The S gearbox is slightly shorter than the L gearbox all around. The JTD
has a nice super-overdrive, and is shorter in first and second, but
clearly has very long gears. The regular 166 probably makes the most
sense, but could be expensive and difficult to obtain, as it is only in
the 2.5 and 3.0 models. The 156 tranny is
widely available, and has really tight gears, but the 6th gear is still
way short, far shorter than the L's 5th gear.

Just wondering what other people think. I guess it really comes down to
what mood you are in.... the JTD trans would make me want to speed on the
highway and be calm around town; the 156 trans would make me go slow on
the highway and drive fast around town.

suggestions?

karl
'91 164?