164 Brake Booster

Has anyone out there ever changed the brake booster on one of the 24 valve
164's.  If so, would you mind explaining  how you got the booster out?

I was planning on replacing the booster and master cylinder, since I had to
buy both, but it appears I might have to drop the engine and remove all the
brake piping in the engine compartment to get the booster out.  My current
view is the result of a few measurments of the new booster and the space in
the engine bay.

Inquiring minds want to know.

John Justus
1995 164 Q