Trailered Alfa Sighting in VA Friday - Listmember?

Alfisti,

returning from a business trip in N Carolina, my colleagues and I opted to
drive back to Chicago due to the ongoing problems with cancelled flights and
airport delays.  Whilst weaving my way through the Appalachian ranges in
Virginia, I spotted a familiar grill shape on the back of a trailer.  Homing
in for a closer look, I identified it to be a Giulia Spider (I think it was
a Giulia - I only got a quick glimpse).  It looked pretty beat up, with a
paint job in very poor condition and all the body trim (and possibly
interior) having been removed.  It looked pretty straight and relatively
rust free however, and sported a race style rollover bar complete with the
diagonal member, and probably much too tall to put a top over.

My guess would be that the car had been previously used for racing and then
neglected or abandoned for a number of years outdoors.  The driver of the
tow vehicle may have purchased it for restoration.  Was anyone on the list
towing an Alfa through VA on Friday and recognize the description?  The car
appeared to have once been painted red, although that probably doesn't
narrow it down a whole lot!

Just curious,

Dave J.
1964 2600 Sprint
1987 Milano Verde
(but driving a Lincoln Town Boat with zero road feel through the winding
mountain roads - ah well)