Alfa on TV

I was watching the new TV series, "The Education of Max Bickford".  No
critique of the show, but "our hero" was talking to a mechanic friend of
his, and I was looking at all the neat cars in his shop.  And old, I
would say 30's vintage thing, maybe a Buick, and the 67 or 68 Mustang
GT, and then I noticed the red white and green bean-shaped thing way in
the back of the shop.  It was a Fiat 600, or Abarth derivative, best as
I could tell.  It was out of focus.  The one that REALLY caught my eye
was a RED!!! 115 GTV race car, very low, very nice, even it was in the
background.

But wait, there's more.  I noticed the tape across the top of the
windshield.  It bore the name of my mechanic, Santo, in his
characteristic script.  My fiance wasn't *that* surprised when I
exclaimed, "HEY, I know that car!"  I think it is Dino Crescentini's old
tube-fram GTV look-alike that he campaigned several years ago.  It was
bought by another club member, who now races and time-trials it in AROSC
events.  Tomorrow I will be by Santo's shop, and I will ask about that,
and the Fiat thingy I saw in the background.  The set didn't look like
his shop, but we all know Hollywood's capabilities for making things
look like what they aren't.

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal