From: Alan Lambert [mailto:lechefgerard@domain.elided]
Sent: 23 September 2001 19:13
To: David Hanley; Alfa Digest
Subject: RE: 164L '91 - Oxygen sensor replacement - advice please

AHA!

I think I understand--You have a twin spark, which is a much smaller
engine than the V-6 in David's car--perhaps the larger engine makes the
exhaust system much more crowded, thereby require the dismantling.

Any thoughts, anyone?

--- David Hanley <David.Hanley1@domain.elided> wrote:
> On my 1994 Twin Spark, I didn't have to un fasten the cat, just unplug
> the cable under the engine, remove the cable clips along the length,
> then using an open ended spanner, unscrew (slowly) the 02 sensor.
>
> Did it twice in preceding years, after failing emissions tests.
> (second time was broken spark plug lead - difficult to detect on a
> twin spark - as no misfire occurs is audible).
>
> Regards David.

=====
Best Regards,

Alan Lambert
Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo!