re: wheel weights

Ian Lomax was given a weight of "about 19 lbs" for a 16 in. wheel from
THEMASITALY and asked "does anybody have any other weights as reference?".

Nineteen pounds (8.6 kg) doesn't seem excessively heavy for a 16 in. wheel,
if that's the concern.  I don't have any experience with such large
diameters, but the factory 14x6 Spider Veloce wheel made by Pedrini weighs
about 18 lbs, which I do consider to be heavy for an alloy wheel of that
size.  The stock, steel wheels for spiders weigh about the same.  I have
never weighed one of the 15 in. "phone dial" wheels from a Milano Verde or
Spider Quadrifoglio, but I would guess that they must come in at 19 lbs, at
least.  At the other end of the spectrum, the Campagnolo Spider Veloce
wheels (also 14x6) are a trim 12 lbs, and Panasport racing wheels in the
same size are around 10.  Extrapolate from there as you like.

Dana Loomis