Re: alfa-digest V8 #67 - 78 Spider sheet metal air dam beneath front bumper

In a message dated 09/21/2001 8:08:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:13:32 -0700
> From: "Dennis C" <dc280@domain.elided>
> Subject: 78 Spider sheet metal air dam beneath front bumer
>
> The sheet metal air dam that is below the front bumper on my 78 Spider goes
> into a somewhat  "u-shaped" design right at the mid-section.  This "u" has
> three small what look to be screw holes in it, one hole at the top on each
> side of the "u" and one at the bottom in the middle of the "u".  It looks as
> though something is supposed to be mounted there, I don't know what, a small
> grille maybe, or a badge??  Does anybody out there know what I'm talking
> about, and whether or nor there is supposed to be something mounted there,
> or....?

       The lower grill half bolts there on the 75 through 81 spiders.  The
lower grill half bolts to the bottom of the bumper on the 82 and the lower
valence is opened up considerably on the 82.  The valence has a V on the 75
to 81 models.  The 82 has more of an elongated U opening.  There is an 82
lower valence on eBay at the moment if you want to compare the differences.
This is not my auction and I have no financial interest in it, Yada, Yada.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=595613819

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City