Twin Spark

Hi Peter,

There was a Turbo version of the 75 available in Europe, but it was a 1.8ltr
with only single spark. It was essentially just a Turbo version of the old
engine, but if I remember correctly it was actually more powerful than the
2ltr twin spark. I think Japan, like Australia, may have only got the twin
spark version of the 75, though I could be wrong. The Turbo engine used a
very large intercooler that was mounted directly under a scoop in the 75's
bonnet, and with its associated plumbing I doubt you would be able to cram
this setup under the bonnet of a Spider without some very drastic bonnet
modifications.

Apparently the Turbo engines are fairly plentiful in Italian wrecking yards
nowadays. Our Italian friends on the list may be able to confirm this, last
time I was in Italy 75's were still very common on the roads, but a recently
returned friend (who scoured Italian junkyards for some illusive parts)
tells me they have reached "that age".

Sasha Nackovski- Melbourne, Australia.

.