105 GTV door handle dismantling, crankcase ventilation

Hi digesters

My 71 GTV project continues to come along, the painted body is
promised to be back by Grand Final day (2 weeks on Saturday for the
non-AFL fans among you, go you Hawks for those who are) and the
engine and gearbox are a single unit again for the first time since
the 1980s. I have a few  questions though that hopefully someone
might be able to be able to help with.

First is the door handles. The right hand door handle has actually
split in the flat metal pull part, as if someone tried to lever it
with too much force. I have been able to source a replacement but
would like to take the lock barrel from the old one and transplant it
into the replacement to avoid rekeying. So far I can't figure out how
to get the lock out of the handle. Could someone help.

Second is the crankcase ventilation system on this original Webered
1750. On the right side of the cam cover is a pipe/hose attaching
point. One larger hose from this points horizontally, bends 90
degrees and attaches to the air filter box. A much smaller hose
appears to leave the cam cover at very near the same place but points
vertically down. Could someone please tell me where the destination
of this second smaller hose might be. Nothing obvious has appeared to
me.

Thanks for your help

Brett