Russ Neely and others

The reason Alfa recommends distilled water and antifreeze is because
distilled water has no minerals in it to conduct electricity, it's an
insulator!   Therefore, no electrolysis to eat the aluminum!    It takes
dissimilar metals in a solution to create a battery which produces
electricity.   I know it goes a little bit further but all engines I have
worked on that used distilled water since new look like new for a very long
time.  Fred Di Matteo