Re:GTV-6 drain plug?

Alan, the coolant drain plugs are located on the side of the block just
a couple inches below the head / block interface.  On the driver side
that would be about an inch above the first large rib in the side of the
block and relative to front/rear its almost directly behind the dip
stick.  Probably a hair rearward of the dip stick depending on how the
tube for the stick may be bent.  Passenger side plug is similarly
located.  The good news is they're not too far from the head surface
where corrosion is (at least to me) the area of most concern. As such
they are well located for the anode you mentioned.  I would (and have)
put one on each sides as they're effect is relatively localized in these
engines.

Gerry Lehmann
'86 GTV6 3.0