Re: 156 GTA on eBay!?!

It's for a good cause.
Read this from www.fiatautopress.com

-QUOTE-

ALFAROMEO, 6/9/2001

----
ALFA ROMEO BACKS TELETHON

Alfa Romeo will help to raise money for the charity 'Telethon' by putting
the first unit of its new Alfa 156 GTA (not on sale to the general public
until next year) up for auction on 'eBay' websites. All proceeds will go to
Telethon.

The Internet auction will take place during the Frankfurt Motor Show from
September 13 to 23 and the auctioned car will have the prestigious 0001
serial number.

The auction will last for 10 days on European and Japanese eBay sites. The
starting bid will be 1 Euro rising automatically with each bid made. The
auction will close on 23 September with the Frankfurt Show.

The winner will have the privilege of being the first to drive the thrilling
new Alfa GTA which will be delivered two weeks before the car is officially
marketed in Spring 2002.

As already mentioned, all proceeds will go to 'Telethon', a charity which
raises funds to finance scientific research into muscular dystrophy and
other genetically transmitted illnesses.

Auction details may be found on eBay sites.

September 6 2001

-UNQUOTE-

Gert-Jan from Holland
(156) SW 1.8