Re: don't get monster 750

>> hi steve, among other tings, ewe said: "...I'm even considering buying
>> a new Ducati 750 Monster.  Somebody talk me out of it!"
>
> DON'T DO IT!!!!  get the 900 monster instead!  yule regret not having
> the 900 every minute ewe have the 750...  :>)

Emerging from his dedicated lurking, a motorcyclist of 27 years who rode
Ducatis for 25 of them sez ... "Nonsense!" <grin>

I've owned and ridden both 900 and 750 versions of all the current Ducati
range. The 900s are wonderful, yes, and very torquey. But in many ways I
actually prefer the revvier 750s ... and let's face it, even the 750 has
more raw performance than the majority of riders can ever use on the
street. The engines feel very different, which affects the feel of the
entire motorcycle.

An M750 with the dual disk front brakes is a spectacular bike and well
worth the money.

obAlfa: FrankenSpider is still awaiting rear axle work. I've been in and
out of town a lot since June, and overbusy besides, but hopefully I'll get
to it in October. I did find out that Palo Alto Speedometer can calibrate
both the odometer and speedometer if I decide to return to 1979
gearing; they can also give me a test report and tell me exactly how far
off they are before proceeding with the recalibration, which might be
enough.

back to lurk mode.
Godfrey