Drive Relay fixed only to have rich condition 84 Alfa Spider

Hi,

Thanks to all those that suggested I replace the drive relay (combi relay).
Now my car starts but runs very rough.
I noticed that the spark plugs are more black than usual and have black soot
on them
after a short run...leaning me to believe the engine is running rich.  Can
you give me any advice on what it
could be most likely ?

I have a standard Bosch car with known good compression in all four
cylinders.
Car was sitting but all electrical contacts were cleaned (that I know about)
Spark plug one was not firing until I replaced it with an old one and the
engine runs a little better.
This was a little odd since it was a brand new plug, but I guess it could
have been the connection ?
The car has new plugs, rotors, and cap and combi relay.

Doug K
2 84 Alfa's (one running rough)
1 4x4 Truck for moving alfa engines.....