Re: P.O.'s weber retrofit

Esteemed Alfisti,
Has anyone out there been able to preserve the fuel vapor separator and the
induction input from same, with the conversion of Spica to Webers? While I
rebuild the stock Spica engine for reinsertion, I'd like a word of advice.
The carbs have K & N filters with no obvious boss for picking up the green
plastic tube (fuel vapor induction). I thought a banjo fitting might work,
through a half inch hole drilled in the K & N end-plate. What did the euro
cars do to solve this...dump gas vapor into the atmosphere?

The spider has a non-original 1750 with no oil vapor system either. I'd
really like to route the original, but there is no pick-up on the dipstick to
receive the oil drain. Has anybody been able to work a later dipstick with an
earlier 1750?

Thanks to all for their contributions. This digest is really great.

Modelle in Somers Point, New Jersey