Alfa return?

>>Yes, but go back even earlier. I guarantee that when those new Alfas roll
>>off the boat and it makes the evening news the first reel they will show
>>will be scenes from The Graduate. To the mainstream car buying public it
>>remains THE image of Alfa in the U.S.

My garage is close to 100 degrees, the humidity in Memphis is 90%+ and I just
spent 30 minutes removing one rusted trim screw that hadn't been disturbed for
over thirty years.  Needless to say, the restoration on my 69 Sp(i/y)der is
going at a snails pace.  My six year old son keeps asking me "Is the car fixed
yet"?  He is always hopeful my answer will be "yes", but instead I reply
"maybe in about 4 or 5 more years".  Even in it's current condition -one that
most of my neighbors think it should be hauled to the metal recycling center,
it brings a BIG grin to my face.  It's been over 15 years since I last drove
this Alfa but all I have to do is walk by the rusting hulk and it fills me
with joy.

Yes, our family has a more luxurious car, and I drive a very practical minivan
to haul six neighborhood kids to school in the morning.  But after 15 more
years, the Lexus and the Honda will be a very distant memory.  The Alfa will
still be there.  I don't know if these feelings will create a big enough
market for Alfa here in the States, but that is where these cars fit in.

One quick question:
As I was removing the "Funnel", 105.02.51.143.00 (the metal surround part
under the gear shift boot), two of the four bolts were very bent.  They still
came out easily, but I'm wondering if this a tell-tale indicator that
something else needs to be replaced, or did the factory just install these
after the three hour lunch?

Brian Vogt
no, it's not for sale.