cats and oxygen

Well, now that the spider is running, it's time to replace the
catalytic converter & the oxygen sensor - both ruined by a
rich running condition. I'll track down why it's running rich
before I replace them, but in the meantime I'm going to get
the parts.

Now, I know that discount converter has the best prices on
converters, and I think I'll get a "universial" type & weld
it in myself (yep, I'm a welder!!). But I remember a thread
not a month ago or so about the benifits / liabilities of
the "universal" oxygen sensors.

Seemed that everyone recommended that if you used the universal
type, you'd have to be careful that you put the wires on
correctly & not solder them...can someone refresh my memory?

dave
86 spider grad
houston!