Re: Alfa Image

>  (Its just that Americans are stuck on the olde image of
> Alfa from the '70s and '80s).
>
>Yes, but go back even earlier. I guarantee that when those new Alfas roll
>off the boat and it makes the evening news the first reel they will show
>will be scenes from The Graduate. To the mainstream car buying public it
>remains THE image of Alfa in the U.S.

Aaargh!  I hope not!

Since the MTV generation is now buying up Audis, VWs and Acuras (plus the occasional IS300), and watch ... well ... mostly MTV, hopefully they'll miss the evening news showing scenes of young Dustin Hoffman in a Spider.  Alfa doesn't need a whole other generation casting them into another thirty years of that image.

Like Tony mentioned earlier, the US perception is widely held by the "older" US buyers but younger buyers across the world largely don't remember (too young to remember?) the older Alfas and are contend with having something different.  Let's hope Alfa can do the same here the next time around, IF they ever make it into the US.

Nizam
88 75 3.0V6
94 164 Super 3.0V624v
97 155V6 2.5V6