RE: Alfa-powered Brit cars: Hallucination?

Crazy?I dunno....

There's been this black Lotus Elan that's been sitting in front of an old
garage a town away from me. It looks like it has been there for years based
on the dry rot on the tires. Body looks great, interior looks decent too.
I'm sure its parked due to mechanical issues, cost of parts, etc. Chances
are good that this car will eventually rot away or get parted out, or just
die a horrendous death at the hands of the junk yard.

So how much would it cost to get a decent used 3.0 with a wrecked body and
swap out the goodies into the Lotus?

Do you just let this car die or substitute some good Alfa parts (which are
much cheaper that OEM Lotus parts) I'd say slap a used 3.0 in there if it's
not too much of a project. OK, so it is quite a project but it could be
interesting...

I think that's how these wacky projects get started... "hey what's under
that tarp?"

-Michael in New Joisey