Spyders

Maserati has been using the term "Spyder" since at least '86.  At least
that's how they specify my '87 Maserati Zagato Spyder.

Watch this space for Crazy Ian's Maserati Month Madness.  Perhaps of
greater interest to Alfa owners on the Left coast near L.A.  Currently too
much rolling stock on hand, will soon be liquidating 2 or 3... or 4 of the
Biturbos I have collecting dust.

Thrill minded?  Overly bored knowing the vehicle you're driving is assured
of delivering you to And from your destination.  Relish the experience of
meeting new people every day?  Enjoy the company of tow truck drivers and
pimply faced gas station attendants, but haven't found the opportunity to
hang with them lately?  Is your driveway just a little Too oil
free?  Feeling disappointed because you can identify the symptoms behind
every little rattle, click or flicker on your Alfa.  Discouraged because
there's just a bit too much cash accumulating in your offshore
accounts?  Well friend, here at Crazy Ian's Maserati Madness Month we have
the answer to your problem.

Seriously though, I  drive an '87 425I Biturbo sedan on a daily basis, and
find it relatively trouble free.  Fact is, it survived longer than my 164
and Milano, which are currently both down mechanically.  The cars will make
you learn to love the torque band that comes on with the boost just above
3000 rpm in every gear.  Parts are available through Francis Mandarano of
MIE in Washington state as well as other sources.  Have a look at the
various websites dedicated to the  Maserati marque and if still interested
contact me off digest.  Details upon request.  I'll digital photo the cars
sometime this weekend.  The 2 carburetted coupes are priced well below what
you'd expect to pay for a decent Milano.

Thanks for the bandwidth,

Ian
Fullerton, Calif

P.S.  There are at least 3 or 4 Alfa/Maserati owners on this digest, if in
doubt, ask