Subject: P**P list (addendum)

hi sandro,

don' worry, even *i*, w/absolutely no instinct for humour or irony whatsoever, gnu ewe were yoking about yer p**p list...  ;~)

i, as well as all the others here, i'm sure, anxiously await to hear fiats' plans for north america.  hopefully, they'll buy gm!  :>)

meanwhile, if the *big guys* are listening, make sure they know i *really* want a rwd alfa, but i mite settle for an awd model, if it ain't too pricy.  as far as fwd goes, well, i guess if i could wait a few years after their intro, & pick one up for ~$5k, the way i got my 164L, then mebbe i'd be game.  i remember a post months back, talking about someone's experience at a fiat-sponsored car comparo here, featuring the alfa spider, the honda 2000, the audi tt, the benz slk, mite have been more, i don' remember.  what i *do* remember, tho, is that, much as i like the alfas, the spider woodn't even merit my consideration in that group, due to it being fwd.  *especially* for a 2-seat conwertible that's supposed to be a *sports car*.  i *mite* consider a ~180hp fwd 147, but it's hard for me to yustify $20-$25k on a fwd, when i could get another pantera for that money...  ;~)

best regards,

doug s., looking for a way to afford an allis garden tractor to go with the:
'72 de tomaso pantera, 72k miles
'78 ducati darmah, 23k miles
'86 alfa gtwe6 3.0, 160k miles
'88 alfa milano werde, 80k miles