Re: AC cars = no Alfa content?

Well, I promised myself I wouldn't read or contribute to any more Alfa
Digests until I finished all my homework for this week, but having violated
the first part of that promise this morning before class, I thought I might
as well go ahead and post this...

The AC Cobra discussion seems to be devoid of all Alfa content on the
surface, but (correct me if I'm wrong) it seems to me that in the late '70s
and early '80s AC built a mid-engine sports car (called a 3000 maybe?) that
used a Ford V6.  The second generation of this car, however was going to
use an ALFA ROMEO V6 before the project was cancelled and the car
discontinued after the first generation.  IIRC, there were like six
Alfa-powered prototypes built though, as well as a (visually very
different) Alfa-powered concept car that preceded them.

Joe Elliott