Cooling fans again

My cooling fans had failed and I was unsure as to the cause.  There were
small pieces of wood jammed between the fan blades and radiator.  After
removing them the fans were still not functioning.  Hot wired them with
no response so I took them out and refurbished them.  Turns out they got
so hot the solder melted off the internal connections.  After a good
cleaning, soldering and lube they work fine.  My question is do the fans
come on at different temperatures?  When I let the car idle, it reaches
about 195-200 degrees and the right hand fan comes on.  This maintains a
safe temperature and the left hand fan does not come on.  While the
right hand fan was on I hot wired the left and it worked just fine.  Is
this normal or do I need to check out the temperature sensor and/or
relay???

Thanks,

John
'66 Duetto