Re: GTV6 O2 replacement

In a message dated 8/31/01 11:37:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
destin8@domain.elided writes:

> Forgive me if I missed the answer to this in a previous post, but can anyone
> comment with _firsthand_ knowledge about the Ford O2 sensor substitute
> found
> on the gtv6.org site?  I.e., if the crimping is done right, etc., will the
> darn thing work ?

Done it twice. On my Milano and my son's gtv6. Both passed the IM240 "road
dyno test" which is used for 83 and newer cars in Illinois, amongst others.
The reason the Ford application is used is that there are more Tauras,
?Tauri? around than any other Bosch sensored vehicle, therefore low cost.