administriva: perl/cgi programmer wanted for quick volunteer project

off list, a member has suggested that maybe we should put a little
gateway in front of the web archives. the purpose would be to query
for some cookie (probably an email address, which would be logged,
like an email address given to an anonymous ftp server). this would
mostly serve to keep spammers from scraping the archives easily.

i'm not much of a perl programmer; if there are any on the list who
wouldn't mind tossing this together for me, please contact me off
list.

thanks,
   richard (alfa-digest admin)