re: Why you should not use solder on O2 sensor wire

hi karl,

i always enjoy yer posts - so full of life & passion!  :>)

thanks for the crimper reference in griots'.  while i agree w/ewe regarding the need for a good crimping tool, especially for an o2 sensor lead, i'm cheap, & griots is notorious for over-charging.  now that i know what a good onel looks like, mebbe i can find it somewhere else cheaper.  ;~)  mebbe some place like mcm elsctronics...

ewe also said someting interesting about yer oil-change habits:

"...Did I mention I haven't had oil change( just filters change ) for more than 65,000 miles on my 92 164S and four years - the oil analysis tell me oil quality is still excellent. Thanks to wonderful AMSOIL by-pass filter and 20W-50 racing oil !..."

i always thought 30k max lifespan was appropriate for synthetic oil, if the filters get changed regularly.  i'm curious as to your 164's consumption rate - if yure adding a quart every 1k-2k miles, this may make some sense...

regards,

doug s.